Friday, December 31, 2010

Something About Goa

Hey guys..

How are you?? I am sick. I have caught by the bad cold and cough as I drunk sea water in Goa. I came back yesterday to ahmedabad after a long travelling of around 26 hours.. And reached home even late :)

I had great great great fun over there. I have enjoyed each and every moment at Goa. Sometimes lonely and sometimes in group. Only one thing which i didn't liked was the food of Goa. But that's obvious so no complaints. I will share my experience and pica as well.. But it's too long so I"ll write it in parts. First let me write something about Goa

We stayed for 3 days there. Goa is nice place or I should say it's a lovers place. If you go there with your partner, you will feel that you are in the heaven. It is very costly as well. Because Goa is a tourist place so and also seasonal. So people try to earn as max as they can in seasson. Single cup of tea was of 15 rs. Goa is an undeveloped place and i think that is the only reason it is still so beautiful like a canvas painted by great painter God :) Beautiful beaches and natural beauty is charm of Goa. The choice of color is really weird there. Houses were painted with yellow, lemon, orange colors. Houses had roof. Only few houses has constructed ceilings.

Transport system is not so good. I had seen few taxies and no auto there. For transportation you have to either go in bus or rent bike or activa. No Petrol pump or situated at very far. So u have to buy a bottle of petrol which is also very costly... Coconut water was also costly 30 rs....

Goa is partitioned in 2 parts by a river. North Goa and South Goa. It has around 650 beaches. Few are famous. And calangute is the safest beach there. Many bollywood movies were shooted there.. And Goa is also famous for it's nuts.

Most of the foriegners were russian over there. And reason for that is Govt of Russia gives special subsidies, loans and even free trips to Goa. Yeah yeah i m telling you the reason. Actually India got free in 1947 but Goa got freedom in 1969. Till date it was under portugise rulers and portugise people promoted Goa as a tourist place to Russians by offering free or cheap trips for their business. And Russian Govt. Continued this tradition.

Goa gets tourists only in December to Feb. Indian tourists go there only in Dec-Jan. And forigners till Feb. But from March to November you will not find even a stray dog there after 10 PM. This are the words of local Goa man. So plz don't sue me if it is wrong. LOL

So that's all about Goa. Now let's talk about my trip ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment